Footprints of William Tell
The legend of William Tell is one of the cornerstones of Switzerland’s identity. Explore William’s place of birth, the site of the “apple shoot”, his escape way and where he assassinated the bailiff “Gessler”. You will travel also in a boat on Lake Lucerne and see a crossbow workshop. Its’ a day of history and sights!
- Pickup in your hotel with a comfortable Land Rover, drive to the principle town of Canton Uri.
- Visiting the birthplace of William Tell and, if you like, having a look around in the Tell Museum.
- Strolling through the old town of Altdorf and to the place of the “apple shoot”. The history is still tangible in the cobblestone-covered alleys of the town.
- Boarding a passenger liner and cruising down Lake Lucerne for a good hour. More important Swiss historical sites are passing on each side of the lake, as well as huge rock walls and high mountains.
- Lunch directly at the lakefront with a breath-taking view over the turquoise water.
- Drive with the Land Rover along the lakeshore to the historical site, located in the woods, where William tell has assassinated the bailiff “Gessler”.
- Finally visiting an artisanal workshop of ancient crossbows. You can try to hit an apple yourself!
- Return to the hotel.
Due to the weather conditions this trip is available from June to the end of October only.
Are You Ready?
If you want to experience these exciting activities and have an unforgettable Swisspecial day, fill out the inquiry form and we will provide you with a tailored plan for your trip.